Jump to Main Content
- Ghazaryan, Naira, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.249 pp. 491-501
- Achillea millefolium; Hypericum perforatum; Phleum pratense; Teucrium; Thymus kotschyanus; bioaccumulation factor; clay; copper; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; human health; laboratory experimentation; mining; organic matter; phytoremediation; polluted soils; roots; shoots; soil pollution; wild plants; Armenia
- ... Nowadays the pollution of soil by trace metals from the mining industry is one of the biggest threats to ecosystems and human health. In this study, sixteen native wild plant species growing in Cu contaminated soils of mining region in Armenia were investigated to reveal their phytoremediation potential for restoration of soils in this area. During the investigation soil main characteristics affec ...
- Ghazaryan, Naira P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2018 v.101 no.6 pp. 732-737
- A horizons; case studies; copper; geochemistry; heavy metals; mining; molybdenum; pollution load; remediation; soil pollution; soil sampling; toxicity; Armenia
- ... Research was carried out to determine and asses the influence of mining industries on soil contamination with application of various pollution indices. For soil sampling 13 points were selected. Soil samples were analyzed for heavy metals by AAS. Eleven elements were determined and the greater quantities were generally observed in case of Mo and Cu. During the testing of soil pollution level pollu ...