Jump to Main Content
- Gianotti, Camila, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of archaeological science: Reports 2019 v.25 pp. 548-560
- Holocene epoch; archaeology; geographic information systems; land use; landscapes; occupations; raw materials; surveys; Uruguay
- ... This paper presents the results of an analysis on lithic procurement and land use strategies corresponding to Late Holocene occupations in northeast Uruguay. Excavations carried out at mound PU061110Q23/Q25, located at the archaeological site of Pago Lindo (Caraguatá, department of Tacuarembó), reveal a predominance of siliceous raw materials mostly procured from secondary sources. In view of this ...
- Gianotti, Camila, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of archaeological science 2013 v.40 no.2 pp. 1093-1107
- archaeology; basins; bioturbation; bones; cleaning; lowlands; microstructure; models; plant residues; sediments; soil; soil micromorphology; Uruguay
- ... The stratigraphic excavation of the Pago Lindo archaeological complex, in central-eastern Uruguay (La Plata basin), helped to propose an alternative model for mound formation that expresses the intrinsic complexity of prehistoric earthen architecture. This model, known as the spatial–temporal discontinuous model, sees mound complexes as multi-functional areas, with diverse earth works occupied and ...