Jump to Main Content
- Giardinieri, Alessandra, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2019 v.121 no.1 pp. e1800283
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Opuntia ficus-indica; acarbose; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-carotene; bioactive compounds; bleaching; byproducts; cactus pears; enzyme inhibition; fatty acid composition; food preparation; fruits; functional foods; gamma-tocopherol; glycemic effect; inhibitory concentration 50; linoleic acid; oleic acid; polyunsaturated fatty acids; seed oils; solid phase extraction; ultrasonic treatment; vegetables; Italy; Sicily
- ... This study investigates the seed oils obtained from two different varieties of Opuntia ficus‐indica (Sanguigna and Surfarina) growing in Sicily, Italy. Soxhlet and ultrasound‐assisted extraction procedures are used to obtain the seed oils. The fatty acid profile, γ‐tocopherols, carotenoid content, and the bioactivity in terms of the antioxidant effects (using ABTS, DPPH, FRAP, and β‐carotene bleac ...
- Giardinieri, Alessandra, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food research international 2019 v.119 pp. 369-377
- Fraxinus angustifolia; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cosmetics; coumarins; fatty acid composition; flavonoids; functional foods; glycosides; inhibitory concentration 50; linoleic acid; lung neoplasms; melanoma; oils; oleic acid; phenolic acids; secoiridoids; seeds; sesquiterpenoids; vinblastine
- ... Fraxinus angustifolia subsp. angustifolia is a plant with an age-old use for the production of manna. However, it is also a valuable source of fixed oil rich-seeds. In the present study we examined the chemical and biological properties of this oil in order to support a possible application in foodstuffs, nutraceuticals and cosmetics. Fatty acid composition, volatile and phenolic substances were e ...