Jump to Main Content
- Gil, Hyun Woo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 637-650
- DNA; Takifugu obscurus; Takifugu rubripes; chromosomes; cold stress; cytogenetic analysis; epithelial cells; erythrocytes; females; hybrids; males; metaphase; midgut; retina; rivers; satellites; triploidy
- ... Cytogenetic analyses of the river puffer, Takifugu obscurus, the tiger puffer, Takifugu rubripes and hybrids produced between female T. obscurus and male T. rubripes and their hybrid triploids (produced by cold shock treatment at 4°C) were performed. T. obscurus had 2n = 44 chromosomes and 1.84 ± 0.019 pg DNA/cell, T. rubripes had 2n = 44 and 2.64 ± 0.015, the hybrids had 2n = 44 and 2.15 ± 0.010 ...
- Gil, Hyun Woo, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquacultural engineering 2017 v.79 pp. 17-23
- Silurus asotus; abdominal cavity; abdominal fat; body weight; catfish; condition factor; fibroblasts; histology; kidneys; long term effects; muscles; readability; selection methods; specific growth rate; swim bladder; tail; transponders; winter
- ... The aims of this study were to determine the most suitable site and the histological responses to passive integrated transponder (PIT) tags inserted into three sites in far eastern catfish, Silurus asotus. During the experimental period, the tag retention rate and readability rate were greater for dorsal tags than for abdominal cavity or tail tags (P<0.05). The standard length, body weight, growth ...