Jump to Main Content
- Gil-Martínez, Jorge, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Photosynthesis research 2011 v.110 no.1 pp. 61-72
- Nostoc; cytochrome b; cytochrome c; electrons; hydrogen production; nanoparticles; photosystem I; phylogeny; plastocyanin
- ... Most organisms performing oxygenic photosynthesis contain either cytochrome c 6 or plastocyanin, or both, to transfer electrons from cytochrome b 6-f to photosystem I. Even though plastocyanin has superseded cytochrome c 6 along evolution, plants contain a modified cytochrome c 6, the so called cytochrome c 6A, whose function still remains unknown. In this article, we describe a second cytochrome ...
- Gil-Martínez, Jorge, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2012 v.5 no.1 pp. 187
- Trichoderma; bacteria; beta-glucosidase; biomass; corn stover; cows; dry matter content; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; ethanol production; hydrolysis; lignocellulose; metagenomics; microbial communities; pH; polymers; rumen; saccharification; temperature
- ... BACKGROUND: A complete saccharification of plant polymers is the critical step in the efficient production of bio-alcohols. Beta-glucosidases acting in the degradation of intermediate gluco-oligosaccharides produced by cellulases limit the yield of the final product. RESULTS: In the present work, we have identified and then successfully cloned, expressed, purified and characterised 4 highly active ...
- PubMed Central: