Jump to Main Content
- Giles, F., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2018 v.259 pp. 63-80
- Hyaena; Pistacia; caves; chamaephytes; coasts; grasslands; hemicryptophytes; landscapes; littoral zone; palynology; pollen analysis; salt marshes; savannas; shrublands; woodlands; Gibraltar; Iberian Peninsula
- ... This paper presents pollen analyses on hyaena coprolites from Vanguard Cave, Gibraltar, with the aim of depicting the vegetation landscapes of the southern Iberian Neanderthals during the MIS 3. The Palaeolithic vegetation in the surroundings included pine, oak, juniper, Pistacia, and mixed woodlands, savannahs, riverine forest patches, heliophytic matorrals, rocky scrub with chamaephytes and hemi ...
- Edwards, Giles F, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Genome biology 2014 v.15 no.11 pp. 504
- Galleria mellonella; Legionella pneumophila; bacteria; gene flow; genome; genomics; horizontal gene transfer; models; mutation; outbreak investigation; pathogens; patients; people; pneumonia; risk factors; source attribution; type IV secretion system; virulence; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: Legionnaires’ disease is a severe form of pneumonia caused by the environmental bacterium Legionella pneumophila. Outbreaks commonly affect people with known risk factors, but the genetic and pathogenic complexity of L. pneumophila within an outbreak is not well understood. Here, we investigate the etiology of the major Legionnaires’ disease outbreak that occurred in Edinburgh, UK, in ...
- PubMed Central:
- Edwards, Giles F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2012 v.40 no.4 pp. 323-331
- Staphylococcus aureus; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; chlorhexidine; clones; compliance; disease control; glycopeptides; molecular epidemiology; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; screening; Scotland
- ... Evidence is accumulating that active surveillance, when combined with appropriate infection control, is a successful measure for controlling hospital-acquired meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). In this study, the impacts of a long-term control strategy of this type, including the use of chlorhexidine baths, on the clinical and molecular epidemiology of MRSA in the Intensive Care Un ...