Jump to Main Content
- Gillespie, Lauren M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of botany 2017 v.119 no.3 pp. 311-323
- abscisic acid; climate; cytokinins; dormancy; ethylene; evolution; genetic variation; gibberellins; global warming; herbaceous plants; models; perennials; phenology; phenotype; plant adaptation; plant communities; prediction; shoot meristems; stress tolerance; sugars; summer; temperature; winter; woody plants
- ... Background Dormancy in higher plants is an adaptive response enabling plant survival during the harshest seasons and has been more explored in woody species than in herbaceous species. Nevertheless, winter and summer shoot meristem dormancy are adaptive strategies that could play a major role in enhancing seasonal stress tolerance and resilience of widespread herbaceous plant communities. Scope Th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gillespie, Lauren, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Functional ecology 2018 v.32 no.8 pp. 1944-1958
- Dactylis glomerata; dormancy; drought; dry matter content; frost; grasses; leaves; mortality; perennials; phenotypic variation; phylogeny; spring; summer; water stress; winter; France; Morocco; Norway
- ... A core tenet of functional ecology is that the vast phenotypic diversity observed in the plant kingdom could be partly generated by a trade‐off between the ability of plants to grow quickly and acquire resources in rich environments vs. the ability to conserve resources and avoid mortality under stress. However, experimental demonstrations remain scarce and potentially blurred by phylogenetic cons ...
- Gillespie, Lauren, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- EcoHealth 2016 v.13 no.1 pp. 145-150
- amphibians; fungi; habitats; humans; islands; pathogens; surveys; California
- ... Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis (Bd), an amphibian fungal pathogen, has infected >500 species and caused extinctions or declines in >200 species worldwide. Despite over a decade of research, little is known about its invasion biology. To better understand this, we conducted a museum specimen survey (1910–1997) of Bd in amphibians on 11 California islands and found a pattern consistent with the emer ...