Jump to Main Content
- Giraldi, Marco, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- blood serum; breeds; cats; creatinine; kidney diseases
- ... The aim of this study was to assess whether, in contrast to serum creatinine, which is higher in Birman cats than in other breeds, the serum concentration of symmetric dimethylarginine (SDMA) is comparable in clinically healthy Birmans and in the general feline population. This could allow, in this breed, to better evaluate chronic kidney disease (CKD). Serum creatinine and SDMA were measured in c ...
- Giraldi, Marco, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2019 v.33 no.1 pp. 167-177
- algorithms; automation; calcium oxalate; cats; computer software; crystals; dogs; epithelial cells; erythrocytes; leukocytes; magnesium ammonium phosphate; microscopy; sediments; urinalysis; urine; veterinary clinics
- ... BACKGROUND: Microscopic evaluation of urine is inconsistently performed in veterinary clinics. The IDEXX SediVue Dx® Urine Sediment Analyzer (SediVue) recently was introduced for automated analysis of canine and feline urine and may facilitate performance of urinalyses in practice. OBJECTIVE: Compare the performance of the SediVue with manual microscopy for detecting clinically relevant numbers of ...