Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: giron?
- Girona, Elena Lopez, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Tree genetics & genomes 2012 v.8 no.4 pp. 643-658
- Fragaria vesca; Malus; apples; chromosome mapping; chromosome translocation; chromosomes; evolution; genome; linkage groups; nucleotide sequences; strawberries
- ... Intertribal comparisons of genome synteny between phylogenetically distant genera in Rosaceae, such as Malus (apple) and Fragaria (strawberry), have previously been hampered by a lack of transferable markers that can be used as anchor points between genetic maps. The availability of conserved orthologous set (COS) markers recently developed for this family, coupled with the release of the Malusâ ...
- Girona, Elena Lopez, et al. Show all 71 Authors
- Nature Genetics 2010 v.43 no.2 pp. 109
- Fragaria ananassa; Fragaria vesca; Populus; Prunus; ancestry; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; diploidy; flavor; flowering; genes; genetic transformation; horticulture; models; nutritive value; phylogeny; prediction; sequence analysis; strawberries; taxonomy; technology; transcriptome
- ... The woodland strawberry, Fragaria vesca (2n = 2x = 14), is a versatile experimental plant system. This diminutive herbaceous perennial has a small genome (240 Mb), is amenable to genetic transformation and shares substantial sequence identity with the cultivated strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa) and other economically important rosaceous plants. Here we report the draft F. vesca genome, which was s ...
- PubMed Central: