Jump to Main Content
- Gitlin, Ilya I., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.37 pp. E2457
- animal models; circadian rhythm; fibroblasts; genes; hepatocytes; immune response; immunomodulators; linkage (genetics); mice; mutation; pathogens; transcription (genetics); transcription factor NF-kappa B; transcriptional activation
- ... The circadian clock controls many physiological parameters including immune response to infectious agents, which is mediated by activation of the transcription factor NF-κB. It is widely accepted that circadian regulation is based on periodic changes in gene expression that are triggered by transcriptional activity of the CLOCK/BMAL1 complex. Through the use of a mouse model system we show that da ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gitlin, Ilya I., et al. Show all 23 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.20 pp. E1857
- Toll-like receptor 4; Toll-like receptor 5; agonists; apoptosis; bacteria; blood circulation; flagellin; gastrointestinal system; growth retardation; hepatocytes; hepatotoxicity; induced resistance; innate immunity; liver; metastasis; mice; neoplasms; radioprotective agents; tissues; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Vertebrate Toll-like receptor 5 (TLR5) recognizes bacterial flagellin proteins and activates innate immune responses to motile bacteria. In addition, activation of TLR5 signaling can inhibit growth of TLR5-expressing tumors and protect normal tissues from radiation and ischemia-reperfusion injuries. To understand the mechanisms behind these phenomena at the organismal level, we assessed nuclear fa ...
- PubMed Central: