Jump to Main Content
- Gleason, Thomas G., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Biomaterials 2017 v.123 pp. 142-154
- DNA; angiogenesis; aorta; bioactive properties; blood cells; chicks; chorioallantoic membrane; collagen; cultured cells; elastin; endothelial cells; extracellular matrix; fibroblast growth factor 2; gelation; humans; hydrocolloids; models; swine; tissue repair; ultrastructure
- ... Extracellular matrix (ECM)-derived bioscaffolds have been shown to elicit tissue repair through retention of bioactive signals. Given that the adventitia of large blood vessels is a richly vascularized microenvironment, we hypothesized that perivascular ECM contains bioactive signals that influence cells of blood vessel lineages. ECM bioscaffolds were derived from decellularized human and porcine ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gleason, Thomas G., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Diabetes care 2007 v.30 no.4 pp. 823-828
- coronary vessels; diabetes; glucose; hyperglycemia; insulin; intravenous injection; morbidity; mortality; multivariate analysis; patients; postoperative complications; surgery
- ... OBJECTIVE:--To determine if glucose management in postcardiothoracic surgery patients with a combined intravenous (IV) and subcutaneous (SC) insulin regimen reduces mortality and morbidity in patients with diabetes and stress-induced hyperglycemia. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS--Retrospective review of 614 consecutive patients who underwent cardiothoracic (CT) surgery in 2005 was performed to evalua ...