Jump to Main Content
- Gognies, Sabine, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2010 v.88 no.5 pp. 1095-1102
- antifungal agents; biofilm; gelation; patients; screening; virulence; yeasts
- ... The incidence of yeast-induced infections has increased in the last decade, mainly because of the increasing number of immunodeficient patients. Since biofilm production is believed to be responsible for fungal virulence, we propose screening yeasts of various genera in order to determine their ability to form biofilms. This is an important issue because yeast cells that form biofilms are particul ...
- Gognies, Sabine, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Annals of microbiology 2013 v.63 no.1 pp. 253-258
- Pythium; biological control; cucumbers; damping off; genes; internal transcribed spacers; lawns and turf; new species; oogonia; oospores; pathogens; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; seedlings; soil sampling; taxon descriptions; tomatoes; turf grasses; vineyards; France; India; Tunisia
- ... Pythium echinogynum, sp. nov. was isolated from soil samples taken from the vineyards of Tunisia, France and also from a lawn sown with turf grass in India. The oomycete is characterised by the presence of both ornamented and smooth walled oogonia. The ornamented oogonia are provided with blunt spines that can be at times curved, 1–2 monoclinous antheridia that can at times wrap around the oogonia ...