Jump to Main Content
- Goia, Francesco, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2019 v.247 pp. 731-744
- algorithms; case studies; climate; electrical properties; energy; lighting; shade; solar energy; solar radiation; stakeholders
- ... Solar energy can be exploited efficiently in building façades using building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV). This study presents a methodology to optimize the design of fixed, parametrically modelled PV integrated shading devices (PVSDs) based on multi-objective optimization (MOO) coupled with integrated thermal, electric, and lighting simulations. The goal of this work is to gain insight into th ...
- Goia, Francesco, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied energy 2013 v.108 pp. 515-527
- buildings; cooling; energy flow; heat; lighting; maritime climate; solar energy
- ... The building enclosure plays a relevant role in the management of the energy flows in buildings and in the exploitation of solar energy at a building scale. An optimized configuration of the façade can contribute to reduce the total energy demand of the building. Traditionally, the search for the optimal façade configuration is obtained by analyzing the heating demand and/or the cooling demand onl ...