Jump to Main Content
- Gomes, Carlos H.A.M., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.685 pp. 332-344
- Crassostrea gasar; aluminum; antioxidant activity; bioaccumulation; biomarkers; biotransformation; cadmium; copper; enzymes; estuaries; exposure duration; gills; iron; lead; lipid peroxidation; nickel; oxidative stress; oysters; pollution; temporal variation; tissues; zinc; Brazil
- ... The present study assessed the spatial and temporal variations on metal bioaccumulation and biochemical biomarker responses in oysters Crassostrea gasar transplanted to two different sites (S1 and S2) at the Laguna Estuarine System (LES), southern Brazil, over a 45-days period. A multi-biomarker approach was used, including the evaluation of lipid peroxidation (MDA) levels, and antioxidant defense ...
- Gomes, Carlos H.A.M., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2016 v.177 pp. 146-155
- Nodipecten; antioxidants; aquatic organisms; bioaccumulation; biotransformation; catalase; cytochrome P-450; enzyme activity; fatty acid-binding proteins; gene expression regulation; genes; glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; lipid peroxidation; phenanthrene; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; risk; scallops; superoxide dismutase; toxicity; transcription (genetics); unspecific monooxygenase
- ... Understanding the mechanism of phenanthrene (PHE) biotransformation and related cellular responses in bivalves can be an important tool to elucidate the risks of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) to aquatic organisms. In the present study it was analyzed the transcriptional levels of 13 biotransformation genes related to cytochrome P450 (CYP), glutathione S-transferase (GST), sulfotransferas ...