Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: gomez?
- Gomes, Luiz Humberto, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2019 v.161 pp. 43-46
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; bakers yeast; cadmium; dimethyl sulfoxide; enzyme activity; fipronil; toxic substances; toxicity; toxicity testing; water pollution
- ... A simple generic toxicity method (test) is proposed using baker's yeast to mediate the reduction of the colourless triphenyltetrazolium chloride (TTC) to red, 1,3,5-triphenyl formazan, which can be extracted by dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), enabling the identification of reducible toxic compounds (e.g. cadmium, fipronil) in water for consumption. ...
- Gomes, Luiz Humberto, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2008 v.77 no.5 pp. 1131-1137
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; biomass; cell viability; ethanol production; fermentation; fructose; glucose; mutants; sucrose; yeasts
- ... Saccharomyces cerevisiae hexokinase-less strains were produced to study the production of ethanol and fructose from sucrose. These strains do not have the hexokinases A and B. Twenty-three double-mutant strains were produced, and then, three were selected for presenting a smaller growth in yeast extract-peptone-fructose. In fermentations with a medium containing sucrose (180.3 g L-¹) and with cell ...
- Gomes, Luiz Humberto, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- FEMS yeast research 2008 v.8 no.5 pp. 788-798
- Kluyveromyces marxianus; Theobroma cacao; aeration; chocolate; drainage; fermentation; flavor; hybrids; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; population structure; protein degradation; seeds; sensory evaluation; titratable acidity; yeasts
- ... Fermentation of Theobroma cacao (cacao) seeds is an absolute requirement for the full development of chocolate flavor precursors. An adequate aeration of the fermenting cacao seed mass is a fundamental prerequisite for a satisfactory fermentation. Here, we evaluated whether a controlled inoculation of cacao seed fermentation using a Kluyveromyces marxianus hybrid yeast strain, with an increased pe ...