Jump to Main Content
- Gonçalves, Helder J.P., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Renewable energy 2011 v.36 no.10 pp. 2703-2710
- air; air temperature; cooling; electricity; energy efficiency; heat; heat exchangers; lighting; renewable energy sources; shade; soil; solar radiation
- ... Solar XXI building is a low energy office building where passive and active solar strategies have been applied to reduce the use of energy for heating, cooling and lighting, combining also an extensive photovoltaic façade for electricity production. Solar XXI opened in 2006 and is considered a high efficient building, close to a net zero energy building (NZEB), where the difference between the ene ...
- Gonçalves, Helder J.P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Energy 2011 v.36 no.5 pp. 3262-3271
- buildings; climate; cooling; energy; latitude; normal values; risk; shade; solar radiation; summer
- ... In this paper, cooling energy needs are calculated by the steady-state methodology of the Portuguese building thermal code. After the first period of building code implementation, re-evaluation according to EN ISO 13790 is recommended in order to compare results with the dynamic simulation results. From these analyses, a newly revised methodology arises including a few corrections in procedure. Th ...