Jump to Main Content
- Gonçalves, Raquel F.S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2019 v.205 pp. 176-183
- Bacillus subtilis; Trichoderma reesei; fermentation; genes; pH; polymerization; prebiotics; secretion; xylan; xylanases; xylooligosaccharides
- ... The global demand of prebiotics such as xylooligosaccharides (XOS) has been growing over the years, motivating the search for different production processes with increased efficiency. In this study, a cloned Bacillus subtilis 3610, containing the xylanase gene xyn2 of Trichoderma reesei coupled with an endogenous secretion tag, was selected for XOS production through direct fermentation of beechwo ...
- Gonçalves, Raquel F.S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Trends in food science & technology 2018 v.78 pp. 270-291
- bioavailability; food processing; functional foods; gastrointestinal system; toxicity; water solubility
- ... Aiming at the enhancement of food products' nutritional and health value, the incorporation of nutraceuticals has attracted increasing interest in the last years. However, they often exhibit low water solubility and stability, limiting their direct incorporation into food products. Also, they show very low bioavailability due to limited bioaccessibility, poor absorption and/or chemical transformat ...