Jump to Main Content
- González Macé, Odette, et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Oecologia 2017 v.185 no.3 pp. 499-511
- Sarcoptiformes; chemistry; ecological function; environmental factors; grasses; grasslands; legumes; lignin; magnesium; models; potassium; soil; soil fauna; species diversity; structural equation modeling
- ... Plant diversity influences many ecosystem functions including root decomposition. However, due to the presence of multiple pathways via which plant diversity may affect root decomposition, our mechanistic understanding of their relationships is limited. In a grassland biodiversity experiment, we simultaneously assessed the effects of three pathways—root litter quality, soil biota, and soil abiotic ...
- González Macé, Odette, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Ecology letters 2015 v.18 no.12 pp. 1356-1365
- carbon; exudation; microorganisms; nutrient uptake; phosphorus; probability; soil; soil nutrient dynamics; soil organic matter; species diversity
- ... Plant species richness (PSR) increases nutrient uptake which depletes bioavailable nutrient pools in soil. No such relationship between plant uptake and availability in soil was found for phosphorus (P). We explored PSR effects on P mobilisation [phosphatase activity (PA)] in soil. PA increased with PSR. The positive PSR effect was not solely due to an increase in Cₒᵣg concentrations because PSR r ...