Jump to Main Content
- González-Olivares, Luis G., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 976-981
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Lactobacillus casei; Streptococcus thermophilus; antioxidant activity; enzyme inhibition; fermented beverages; fermented milk; functional foods; in vitro studies; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; lactic fermentation; peptides; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; protective effect; proteins
- ... Fermentation has shown to be an effective technique in bioactive peptides release. That is why in this study antihypertensive, antithrombotic, and antioxidant activity was evaluated during amaranth proteins fermentation with Lactobacillus casei Shirota and Streptococcus thermophilus 54102 in mono and combined culture. During fermentation an increase of free amine groups was observed, and no statis ...
- González‐Olivares, Luis G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food safety 2016 v.36 no.4 pp. 450-458
- Hibiscus sabdariffa; Salmonella; acetic acid; acetone; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; calyx; carrots; culture media; disinfection; ethyl acetate; markets; methanol; multiple drug resistance; restaurants; silver; sodium hypochlorite; Mexico
- ... Presence of antibiotic‐resistant Salmonella strains on raw carrots was evaluated, as was the antibacterial activity of roselle calyx extracts against any identified resistant Salmonella strains. One hundred samples of carrots were collected from markets in Pachuca, Mexico. Salmonella was isolated from the carrot samples by culture procedure. Susceptibilities to sixteen antibiotics were determined ...