Jump to Main Content
- Goodman, Dakota, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy 2019 v.172 pp. 1225-1242
- air; air flow; clothing; dryers; drying; heat; heat pumps; mass flow; mass transfer; models; vapors
- ... A heat and mass transfer effectiveness definition relevant to clothes dryers is developed in this work. A correlation is presented for determining the effectiveness of heat and mass transfer in a horizontal-axis, tumble-type clothes dryer drum with axial airflow. The correlation is a function of four measurable quantities: air mass flow rate, cloth mass, air mass in the drum, and the fall time exp ...
- Goodman, Dakota, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2018 v.217 pp. 221-232
- air; clothing; dryers; electric energy consumption; electrical resistance; energy; heat pumps; models; prototypes; relative humidity; thermodynamics; vapors; United States
- ... Electric clothes dryers consume about 6% of US residential electricity consumption. Using a solid-state technology without refrigerant, thermoelectric (TE) heat pump dryers have the potential to be more efficient than units based on electric resistance and less expensive than units based on vapor compression. This paper presents a steady state TE dryer model, and validates the model against result ...