Jump to Main Content
- Gorbacheva, Tamara T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2017 v.52 no.9 pp. 890-896
- filters; goethite; mixing; models; rivers; seawater; sediments; watersheds; Arctic region
- ... The physical-chemical stage of marginal filters in minor rivers of the White Sea catchment area by the example of the Umba River, flowing to Kandalaksha Gulf, has been explored. Application of the method of physical-chemical modeling on the basis of field data allowed establishing migration forms of a number of elements in the “river-sea” system and deposition of solid phases when mixing waters. T ...
- Gorbacheva, Tamara T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2009 v.16 no.4 pp. 431-438
- anthropogenic activities; atmospheric deposition; calcium; case studies; copper; correlation; diaphragm; environmental protection; factor analysis; filtration; forces; lakes; latitude; light quality; metallurgy; minerals; mining; nickel; nitrates; particulates; pollutants; principal component analysis; rain; rocks; samplers; sediments; silicon; strontium; sulfates; surveys; variance; water quality; wind; Arctic region; Russia
- ... Background, aim, and scope The Arctic holds large stores of minerals, and extracted materials are provided to the world's economy; in this sense, the Arctic issue associated with mining is not local but global. In a part of the Arctic region (the Kola Peninsula, 66-70° N and 28-41° E), metal levels are generally elevated in the lake sediment. There is a question as to what results in elevated meta ...