Jump to Main Content
- Gradil, Ana M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2014 v.44 no.2 pp. 303-314
- Acipenser oxyrinchus; aquaculture; farming systems; hatching; immunocompetence; juveniles; larvae; mortality; ontogeny; spleen; sturgeon; thymus gland; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Sturgeon aquaculture has increased considerably worldwide but little is known about their immunological development and competence in early life stages. Culture of larvae is one of the most critical stages in intensive sturgeon farming, often associated with high mortality rates. The objective of this study was to characterize the developmental morphology (light and transmission electron microscop ...
- Gradil, Ana M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2014 v.40 no.2 pp. 545-555
- Acipenser brevirostrum; Copepoda; animal growth; body size; ectoparasites; environmental factors; immune response; interferon regulatory factor-1; interferon regulatory factor-2; juveniles; morphometry; pulp; spleen; sturgeon; thymus gland; water temperature
- ... Sturgeon are an important evolutionary taxa of which little is known regarding their responses to environmental factors. Water temperature strongly influences growth in fish; however, its effect on sturgeon immune responses is unknown. The objective of this study was to assess how 2 different temperatures affect immune responses in shortnose sturgeon (Acipenser brevirostrum) relevant immune organs ...