Jump to Main Content
- Graham, James R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Science 2008 v.322 no.5906 pp. 1345-1348
- cold; dust; dynamic models; prediction; telescopes; wavelengths
- ... Fomalhaut, a bright star 7.7 parsecs (25 light-years) from Earth, harbors a belt of cold dust with a structure consistent with gravitational sculpting by an orbiting planet. Here, we present optical observations of an exoplanet candidate, Fomalhaut b. Fomalhaut b lies about 119 astronomical units (AU) from the star and 18 AU of the dust belt, matching predictions of its location. Hubble Space Tele ...
- Graham, James R., et al. Show all 47 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.35 pp. 12661-12666
- image analysis; optics; orbits; probability; spectral analysis
- ... The Gemini Planet Imager is a dedicated facility for directly imaging and spectroscopically characterizing extrasolar planets. It combines a very high-order adaptive optics system, a diffraction-suppressing coronagraph, and an integral field spectrograph with low spectral resolution but high spatial resolution. Every aspect of the Gemini Planet Imager has been tuned for maximum sensitivity to fain ...
- PubMed Central: