Jump to Main Content
- Gregersen, Olavur, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Algal research 2018 v.33 pp. 36-47
- Alaria esculenta; Saccharina latissima; biomass; consumers (people); economic analysis; harvesting; industry; macroalgae; rain forests; risk; sowing; Atlantic Ocean; Faroe Islands
- ... The current work aimed to develop a cultivation method for macroalgae that can be applicable and economically profitable in the Atlantic Ocean. An offshore long-line macroalgal cultivation rig was designed by Ocean Rainforest Sp/f, tested in the Faroe Islands from 2010, and found suitable for cultivation in exposed and deep-water locations (water depth > 50 m). The economic risk related to lost cu ...
- Gregersen, Ólavur, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 363-376
- collaborative management; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; fisheries; fishery resources; planning; stakeholders
- ... We present a framework for results‐based management (RBM) of commercial fisheries. The core idea of RBM is to reduce micromanagement by delegating management responsibility to resource users. The RBM framework represents an industrial organization approach to co‐management and comprises three defining processes, conducted by three independent “agents”: (i) an “authority” defines specific and measu ...