Jump to Main Content
- Groth-Malonek, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2005 v.274 no.3 pp. 205-216
- Arabidopsis thaliana; ion channels; sequence alignment; transporters; ion transport; cations; phylogeny; magnesium; amino acid sequences
- ... In bacteria, magnesium uptake is mainly mediated by the well-characterized CorA type of membrane proteins. In recent years, functional homologues have been characterized in the inner mitochondrial membrane of yeast and mammals (the MRS2/LPE10 type), in the plasma membrane of yeast (the ALR/MNR type) and, as an extended family of proteins, in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Despite generally ...
- Groth-Malonek, M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2006 v.103 no.42 pp. 15511-15516
- mitochondrial DNA; ribosomal DNA; chloroplast DNA; phylogeny; nuclear genome; nucleotide sequences; mosses and liverworts
- ... Phylogenetic relationships among the four major lineages of land plants (liverworts, mosses, hornworts, and vascular plants) remain vigorously contested; their resolution is essential to our understanding of the origin and early evolution of land plants. We analyzed three different complementary data sets: a multigene supermatrix, a genomic structural character matrix, and a chloroplast genome seq ...
- PubMed Central: