Jump to Main Content
- Grottke, Oliver, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2019 v.20 no.2 pp. 959-968
- adsorption; antifouling activities; blood plasma; catalysts; coagulation; copper; endotoxins; humans; lipopolysaccharides; microparticles; polymerization; polymyxin B; porosity; proteins; sepsis (infection)
- ... Currently, one of the most promising treatments of lipopolysaccharides (LPS)-induced sepsis is based on hemofiltration. Nevertheless, proteins rapidly adsorbed on the artificial surface of membranes which leads to activation of coagulation impairing effective scavenging of the endotoxins. To overcome this challenge, we designed polymer-brush-coated microparticles displaying antifouling properties ...
- Grottke, Oliver, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2018
- blood serum; cardiac arrest; coronary vessels; death; demographic statistics; hospitals; morbidity; mortality; normal values; odds ratio; patients; statistical analysis; surgery; vitamin D; vitamin D deficiency
- ... Recent studies indicate that vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased morbidity and mortality in critically ill patients. Knowledge about the functional role and clinical relevance of vitamin D for patients undergoing cardiac surgery is sparse. Therefore, we investigated the clinical significance of vitamin D levels on outcome of cardiac surgery patients.92 patients undergoing elective ca ...