Jump to Main Content
- Grunert, Jörg, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.514 pp. 77-91
- Amaranthaceae; Artemisia; Holocene epoch; Ostracoda; data collection; geomorphology; hydrology; lakes; monsoon season; paleoclimatology; palynology; playas; radiocarbon dating; steppes; temperature; watersheds; Central Asia; Gobi Desert; Mongolia
- ... Considerable efforts have been devoted to decipher the late Quaternary moisture and thermal evolution of arid central Asia. However, disparate interpretations still exist concerning different proxies. The spatial and temporal heterogeneities have inhibited a holistic understanding of general patterns and underlying mechanisms. To address these issues, two parallel cores (ONW I, 6.00 m; ONW II, 13. ...
- Grunert, Jörg, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Holocene epoch; carbon; drilling; floodplains; highlands; mountains; radiocarbon dating; rivers; sediments; soil erosion; streams; watersheds; Germany
- ... This study deals with the exploration and spatiotemporal quantification of the young Holocene, nearly skeleton-free floodplain sediments of the Lieser River, a tributary of the Mosel River in the Eifel Mts. The deposits are primarily a consequence of anthropogenic-triggered soil erosion in the catchment. To observe the phenomenon of corresponding soil erosion on multiple levels two small alluvial ...