Jump to Main Content
- Guan, Xuefang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 27-34
- Bacteroides; Bifidobacterium; Bilophila; Desulfovibrio; Fusobacterium; Lactobacillus; alpha-N-arabinofuranosidase; arabinose; bamboos; digestive system; esterases; fermentation; humans; in vitro culture; intestinal microorganisms; short chain fatty acids; xylan; xylanases; xylose
- ... BSH-1 is an O‑acetyl-arabinoxylan obtained from bamboo shavings. This study investigated its fermentation behavior by human colonic microbiota in vitro. Results showed that BSH-1 remarkably modulated the composition of human colonic microbiota, mainly by increasing the growth of potential beneficial genera (i.e. Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus, Bacteroides, Prevotella_7, Parabacteroides) and by dec ...
- Guan, Xuefang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Brazilian journal of microbiology 2017 v.48 no.4 pp. 730-739
- Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus plantarum; acid tolerance; amikacin; bile resistance; blood serum; cholesterol; fermented milk; gastric juice; health promotion; hyperlipidemia; in vivo studies; lactic acid bacteria; liver; models; pH; penicillins; probiotics; rats; screening; spectroscopy; streptomycin; tobramycin; vacuoles; vancomycin; China
- ... To screen for and characterize lactic acid bacteria strains with the ability to produce fermented milk and reduce cholesterol levels.The strains were isolated from traditional fermented milk in China. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of cholesterol-reduction were used to identify and verify strains of interest. Characteristics were analyzed using spectrophotometry and plate counting assays.The isol ...
- PubMed Central: