Jump to Main Content
- Guerchet, Maëlenn, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Clinical nutrition ESPEN 2017 v.21 pp. 40-50
- World Health Organization; body mass index; cities; death; developing countries; diet; elderly; farmers; females; malnutrition; nutrition assessment; nutritional status; obesity; regression analysis; risk factors; socioeconomic factors; sugars; waist circumference; Central African Republic; Republic of the Congo
- ... Nutritional status among elderly people living in Sub-Saharan Africa is poorly studied, even though undernutrition and obesity are known to cause many complications and are risk factors for progression and death in several diseases. The aims of this study were to assess the nutritional status of the elderly in Central Africa and to study the factors associated with nutritional disorders (undernutr ...
- Guerchet, Maëlenn, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- The British journal of nutrition 2015 v.114 no.2 pp. 306-315
- arm circumference; body mass index; cognition; dementia; elderly; epidemiology; malnutrition; people; regression analysis; screening; weight loss; Central African Republic; Republic of the Congo
- ... Several studies in Western countries have shown an association between cognitive disorders and low BMI or weight loss in elderly people. However, few data are available in Africa. We analysed the association between cognitive disorders and undernutrition among elderly people in Central Africa. A cross-sectional, multicentre, population-based study using a two-phase design was carried out in subjec ...