Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: geest?
- Guest, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Pesticide biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.158 pp. 32-39
- Drosophila melanogaster; Plutella xylostella; dieldrin; endosulfan; fipronil; gene editing; moths; mutation; plant pests; serine; United States
- ... Mutations in the GABA-gated chloride channel are associated with resistance to cyclodiene organochlorine and phenyl pyrazole insecticides. The best characterised of these is A301S, which was initially identified in a Dieldrin resistant strain of Drosophila melanogaster. The orthologous mutation has been found in a variety of different crop pests including the diamond back moth Plutella xylostella. ...
- Guest, M. A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Marine biology 2008 v.153 no.4 pp. 579-588
- Bacillariophyceae; Haliotis rubra; Phaeophyceae; Rhodophyta; abalone; adults; carbon; detritus; diet; digestive system; fatty acids; food choices; herbivores; macroalgae; microalgae; stable isotopes; tracer techniques; uncertainty
- ... Abalone are common herbivores throughout temperate and tropical waters, and yet the contribution of red and brown macroalgae to the diet of wild abalone remains unclear. In the northern hemisphere, adult abalone are considered to consume predominantly brown algae, but in the southern hemisphere abalone are thought to prefer red algae. Conventional methods such as gut content analysis and feeding t ...