Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: agnes?
- Gugliandolo, Agnese, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.5
- RNA; alpha-tocopherol; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; antioxidants; cell viability; death; gene expression regulation; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mitogen-activated protein kinase; mitophagy; motor neurons; oxidative stress; protective effect; proteins; signal transduction; therapeutics; tocotrienols; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics
- ... Vitamin E family is composed of different tocopherols and tocotrienols that are well-known as antioxidants but that exert also non-antioxidant effects. Oxidative stress may be involved in the progression of neurodegenerative disorders including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), characterized by motor neuron death. The aim of the study was the evaluation of the changes induced in the transcripti ...
- Gugliandolo, Agnese, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Cellular reprogramming 2017 v.19 no.3 pp. 159-170
- gene expression; neural crest; neurodegenerative diseases; neurons; oncogenes; stem cells; therapeutics; transcription (genetics)
- ... Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are a promising resource for stem cell therapy for the treatment of different neurodegenerative disorders. In particular, dental MSCs, given their origin from neural crest and their proneness toward neuronal differentiation, may be more suitable for transplantation. However, if MSCs can undergo spontaneous transformation and give rise to tumor is still debated. Data a ...
- Gugliandolo, Agnese, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Life sciences 2016 v.145 pp. 27-33
- DNA damage; DNA fragmentation; antioxidants; genotype; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; oxidation; oxidative stress; patients; ubiquinones
- ... Oxidative stress increase is a key event for development of sensitivity-related illnesses (SRIs). The aim of this work was to evaluate the influence of a genetic variant in the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase (GPx1) on oxidative stress development in SRIs.GPx1 rs1800668 genotype, as well as glutathione, ubiquinone, and DNA damage were assessed in 34 SRI patients and 36 healthy subjects.T ...