Jump to Main Content
- Guidi, Valeria, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 212
- Aedes albopictus; basins; cities; climatic factors; diapause; eggs; meteorological data; microclimate; microhabitats; models; monitoring; overwintering; probability; temperature; urban areas; winter; Alps region; Switzerland
- ... BACKGROUND: In Switzerland, the invasive Asian tiger mosquito, Aedes albopictus, is firmly established in the Canton of Ticino, south of the Alps. According to a large-scale distribution model developed in 2013, suitable climatic conditions for the establishment of Ae. albopictus north of the Alps are found in Basel and Geneva while Zurich appears to be characterized by winters currently being too ...
- PubMed Central:
- Guidi, Valeria, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 138-145
- Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis; Culicidae; Lysinibacillus sphaericus; basins; breeding; diflubenzuron; environmental factors; field experimentation; immatures; insect larvae; instars; larvicides; microbial activity; mosquito control; pupae; rain; water temperature; Switzerland
- ... A field test was conducted to evaluate a commercial biolarvicide based on Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis and Lysinibacillus sphaericus to control mosquitoes breeding in catch basins in southern Switzerland. The efficacy and residual activity of the microbial mosquito larvicide applied at the recommended rate of 10 g per catch basin was compared to the currently used larvicide diflubenzuro ...
- Guidi, Valeria, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.11 pp. 3663-3668
- Aedes vexans; Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis; confidence interval; floods; genes; mosquito control; polymerase chain reaction; quantitative analysis; soil sampling; spores; wetland soils; wetlands; Switzerland
- ... Recurrent treatments with Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis are required to control the floodwater mosquito Aedes vexans that breeds in large numbers in the wetlands of the Bolle di Magadino Reserve in Canton Ticino, Switzerland. Interventions have been carried out since 1988. In the present study, the spatial distribution of resting B. thuringiensis subsp. israelensis spores in the soil w ...