Jump to Main Content
- Guidolin, Leticia S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of bacteriology 2015 v.197 no.9 pp. 1640-1648
- Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; bacteria; biosynthesis; cytoplasm; fluorescence; glucans; membrane proteins; mutants; two hybrid system techniques; virulence
- ... Cyclic β-1,2-glucans (CβG) are periplasmic homopolysaccharides that play an important role in the virulence and interaction of Brucella with the host. Once synthesized in the cytoplasm by the CβG synthase (Cgs), CβG are transported to the periplasm by the CβG transporter (Cgt) and succinylated by the CβG modifier enzyme (Cgm). Here, we used a bacterial two-hybrid system and coimmunoprecipitation t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Guidolin, Leticia S., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2014 v.172 no.3-4 pp. 455-465
- antibodies; antigens; blood serum; bovine brucellosis; cattle; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; glycoproteins; herds; humans; immunoglobulin G; milk; screening; serodiagnosis; vaccination; zoonoses; Argentina
- ... Brucellosis is a highly contagious zoonosis that affects livestock and human beings. Laboratory diagnosis of bovine brucellosis mainly relies on serological diagnosis using serum and/or milk samples. Although there are several serological tests with different diagnostic performance and capacity to differentiate vaccinated from infected animals, there is still no standardized reference antigen for ...