Jump to Main Content
- Guillemette, Ryan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2016 v.18 no.12 pp. 4369-4377
- Alteromonas macleodii; Bacteroidetes; alginates; alpha-Proteobacteria; aquatic bacteria; bacterial communities; biomass; carbon; carbon cycle; cations; cell walls; coastal water; gels; genes; geographical distribution; hydrolysis; macroalgae; microhabitats; ribosomal RNA; seawater; California
- ... Alginate is a major cell wall polysaccharide from marine macroalgae and nutrient source for heterotrophic bacteria. Alginate can form gel particles in contact with divalent cations as found in seawater. Here, we tested the hypothesis that alginate gel particles serve as carbon source and microhabitat for marine bacteria by adding sterile alginate particles to microcosms with seawater from coastal ...
- Guillemette, Ryan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2009 v.102 no.6 pp. 2078-2083
- insect pests; Leptinotarsa decemlineata; plant pests; insect control; biological control; biological control agents; novaluron; biochemical mechanisms; insect physiology; insect reproduction; inhibitors; egg hatchability; adult insects; animal age; insect development; sexual maturity; animal fertility
- ... The Colorado potato beetle, Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Say), is one of the most damaging insect pests of potato, Solanum tuberosum L. Novaluron is a relatively new benzoylphenyl urea insect growth regulator with good activity against this pest. Earlier studies revealed that feeding on potato foliage treated with novaluron induces reversible egg hatch inhibition in adult Colorado potato beetles. We ...