Jump to Main Content
- Gustafsson, Peik, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental Research 2015 v.137 pp. 373-381
- adolescents; blood serum; childhood; children; confidence interval; manganese; selenium; umbilical cord; Sweden
- ... Existing evidence on the effects of manganese and selenium during fetal life on neurodevelopmental disorders is inadequate. This study aims to investigate the hypothesized relationship between fetal exposure to manganese and selenium and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) diagnosis in childhood. Children born between 1978 and 2000 with ADHD (n=166) were identified at the Department of ...
- Gustafsson, Peik, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2013 v.20 no.11 pp. 7970-7978
- body mass index; gestational age; human health; humans; neurodevelopment; perfluorocarbons; toxic substances; umbilical cord; women; Middle East; Northern Africa; Scandinavia
- ... In recent years, some perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) have been identified as potentially hazardous substances which are harmful to the environment and human health. According to limited data, PFC levels in humans could be influenced by several determinants. However, the findings are inconsistent. In the present study, perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS), perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), and perfluoron ...