Jump to Main Content
- Gyldenkærne, S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2017 v.142 pp. 4050-4058
- biogas; carbon dioxide; case studies; combustion; electricity; energy; environmental assessment; environmental performance; eutrophication; fertilizers; freshwater; greenhouse gas emissions; heat production; life cycle assessment; management systems; pollutants; resource management; terrestrial ecosystems; waste management; wastes; Denmark
- ... Waste to Energy combustion plants currently process most of the organic fraction of the household waste. This study presents an assessment of the environmental performance of an increased circular bioresource management system obtained by reallocating the organic fraction of the household waste from combustion (Reference Scenario) to biogas and fertilizer production (Alternative Scenario). The goa ...
- Gyldenkærne, S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2011 v.159 no.11 pp. 3193-3203
- afforestation; animal feeding; bioenergy; carbon; carbon dioxide; energy balance; energy crops; fertilizers; food production; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; land use change; manure handling; methane; nitrous oxide; organic production
- ... Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from agriculture are a significant contributor to total Danish emissions. Consequently, much effort is currently given to the exploration of potential strategies to reduce agricultural emissions. This paper presents results from a study estimating agricultural GHG emissions in the form of methane, nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide (including carbon sources and sinks, ...