Jump to Main Content
- Håkansson, Janet, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European food research & technology 2015 v.240 no.3 pp. 583-594
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; acetates; blood serum; body mass index; feces; food research; glucose; low density lipoprotein; metabolome; metabolomics; overweight; propionic acid; short chain fatty acids; very low calorie diet; very low density lipoprotein; weight loss
- ... The aim of this study was to elucidate the effects of a very low-calorie diet and weight loss on the serum and fecal metabolome and the potential of the metabolome to predict inter-individual differences in body weight loss. NMR-based metabolomics was carried out on serum and fecal samples obtained from healthy female subjects (n = 56; Age: 46.33 ± 10.39 years; BMI 28.32 ± 1.55 kg/m²) pre- and pos ...
- Håkansson, Janet, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- The British journal of nutrition 2015 v.114 no.3 pp. 406-417
- DNA; Lactobacillus paracasei; blood serum; c-peptide; glucose tolerance tests; insulin resistance; intestinal microorganisms; linear models; linseed; metabolic diseases; metagenomics; nutritional intervention; obesity; placebos; postmenopause; randomized clinical trials; regression analysis; risk factors; women
- ... The gut microbiota has been implicated in obesity and its progression towards metabolic disease. Dietary interventions that target the gut microbiota have been suggested to improve metabolic health. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of interventions with Lactobacillus paracasei F19 or flaxseed mucilage on the gut microbiota and metabolic risk markers in obesity. A total of ...
- PubMed Central: