Jump to Main Content
- H. X. Zhu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2015 v.3 no.25 pp. 13365-13370
- chemistry; density functional theory; temperature
- ... Recently, the SnSe compound was reported to have a peak thermoelectric figure-of-merit (ZT) of ∼2.62 at 923 K, but the ZT values at temperatures below 750 K are relatively low. In this work, the electronic structures of SnSe are calculated using the density functional theory, and the electro- and thermo-transport properties upon carrier density are evaluated by the semi-classic Boltzmann transport ...
- H. X. Zhu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Current microbiology 2011 v.62 no.3 pp. 871-875
- edible fungi; growth and development; laccase
- ... This article focuses on the relation between laccase-secreting ability and growing cycle in the edible fungi. First, laccase activities of fifteen different edible fungi were detected and determined by plate assay and spectrophotometric method using 2,2′-azinobis(3-ethylbenzothiazoline-6-sulfonic acid) as the substrate. The results showed the laccase-secreting ability in the edible fungi and their ...
- H. X. Zhu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2014 v.49 no.16 pp. 5690-5702
- cell walls; computer simulation; deformation; finite element analysis
- ... All the five independent elastic properties/constants of micro- and nano-structured hierarchical and self-similar random irregular honeycombs with different degrees of cell regularity are obtained by analysis and computer simulation in this paper. Cell wall bending, stretching, and transverse shearing are the main deformation mechanisms of hierarchical honeycombs. The strain gradient effects at th ...