Jump to Main Content
- Haas, Peter M.
- Environmental science & policy 2017 v.77 pp. 221-224
- decision making; environmental assessment; validity
- ... The effectiveness and influence of solutions oriented global environmental assessments (SOAs) rests on their legitimacy. Based on the GEA literature this piece reviews the legitimacy of GEAs and discusses its implications, and challenges and for the legitimacy of SOAs. This article is part of a special issue on solution-oriented GEAs. ...
- Haas, Peter M, et al. Show all 32 Authors
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2012 v.4 no.1 pp. 51-60
- United Nations; global change; governance; humans; sustainable development; Brazil
- ... The current institutional framework for sustainable development is by far not strong enough to bring about the swift transformative progress that is needed. This article contends that incrementalismâthe main approach since the 1972 Stockholm Conferenceâwill not suffice to bring about societal change at the level and speed needed to mitigate and adapt to earth system transformation. Instead, th ...