Jump to Main Content
- Hagemeier, Marc, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Forests 2019 v.10 no.3
- Betula pendula; Carpinus betulus; Fagus sylvatica; Quercus petraea; Tilia cordata; broadleaved trees; canopy; gas exchange; leaf angle; leaf area index; leaf mass; leaf morphology; leaves; mature plants
- ... The morphology, inclination, and spatial distribution of leaves in different parts of tree crowns are important determinants of the radiation, momentum, and gas exchange between the canopy and the atmosphere. However, it is not well known how these foliage-related traits vary among species differing in successional status. We measured leaf size, leaf mass area (LMA), leaf inclination (angle to the ...
- Hagemeier, Marc, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Trees 2006 v.20 no.3 pp. 278-285
- air; alluvial soils; correlation; forest stands; gas exchange; humidity; land use; leaf area; leaves; models; nitrogen content; nutrients; old-growth forests; photosynthesis; prediction; secondary forests; stomatal conductance; trees; tropics; vapor pressure; water vapor; Indonesia
- ... In the tropics, old-growth forests are converted to other land cover types at a high rate and young secondary forest may gain in importance. Information on associated changes in leaf gas exchange and other leaf traits can be valuable for modelling biogeochemical fluxes under altered land-use patterns. We studied in situ photosynthetic parameters and stomatal conductance for water vapour in eight a ...