Jump to Main Content
- Hajj, Muhammad, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied energy 2018 v.212 pp. 966-975
- airports; dynamic models; electric power; energy; friction; gears; humans; magnetism; railroads; sports; walking
- ... Harvesting energy from pedestrians can be used to power sensors in smart infrastructure, monitor structural health, and provide environmental sensing data. This paper presents a novel paver that efficiently harvests energy from human walking. Within the paver, a permanent magnetic motor is used as an electric generator. Racks, pinions, gears and a one-way-clutch are employed to convert the up-and- ...
- Hajj, Muhammad R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2012 v.235-236 pp. 1-7
- General Circulation Models; absorption; air temperature; carbon dioxide; ecosystems; emissions; global warming; oceans; surface temperature
- ... The increase in the global surface temperature is influenced by several factors including anthropogenic and natural emissions of COâ, and the ability of natural sequestration reservoirs in the Earth's oceans and land to absorb and store it. The COâ absorption in these reservoirs is sensitive to changes in the global temperature and the atmospheric COâ concentration, thus creating a feedback ...