Jump to Main Content
- Hale, Paula M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Diabetes care 2009 v.32 no.7 pp. 1224-1230
- agonists; blood glucose; body mass index; c-peptide; fasting; gastrointestinal system; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; glycemic control; homeostasis; humans; hypoglycemia; metformin; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; systolic blood pressure; therapeutics; weight gain; weight loss
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine the efficacy and safety of liraglutide (a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist) when added to metformin and rosiglitazone in type 2 diabetes. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS: This 26-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group trial randomized 533 subjects (1:1:1) to once-daily liraglutide (1.2 or 1.8 mg) or liraglutide placebo in combination with metformin (1 g ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hale, Paula M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- TheDiabetes educator 1987 v.13 no.4 pp. 381-385
- antibodies; at-risk population; cytotoxicity; insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients
- ... The discovery of anti-islet cell antibodies (ICAb's) in the sera of individuals with insulin- dependent diabetes (IDDM) was a significant milestone in the history of diabetes research. ICAb's have been found in the sera of 60%-85% of new-onset diabetic patients. It has been suggested that ICAb's play a role in the destruction of beta cells possibly by complement- mediated beta cell lysis, or by ac ...