Jump to Main Content
- Halsey, C.H.C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Veterinary and comparative oncology 2010 v.8 no.1 pp. 72-79
- carcinogenesis; neoplasms; cats; metastasis; sclerosis; intestines; cat diseases; mast cells; digestive system diseases; histochemistry
- ... This case series presents a unique and unreported variant of feline intestinal mast cell tumour recognized at the CSU Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. Fifty cases of feline intestinal mast cell tumours described as having a significant stromal component were reviewed. Neoplastic cells formed a trabecular pattern admixed with moderate to abundant dense stromal collagen (sclerosis). Neoplastic cell ...
- Halsey, C.H.C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of animal science 2011 v.89 no.4 pp. 1011-1019
- Large White; Northern blotting; adipose tissue; aerobiosis; eyes; fatty-acid synthase; feed intake; finishing; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glucose transporters; lipid metabolism; long term effects; messenger RNA; soybeans; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; swine; transcription factors
- ... The long-term effect of feeding the catecholamine analog ractopamine (RAC; ractopamine hydrochloride, Elanco Animal Health, Indianapolis, IN) on the expression of genes involved in energy and lipid metabolism in subcutaneous adipose tissue was studied. Large White pigs (84 kg) were fed corn- and soybean meal-based diets supplemented with 0, 20, or 60 mg/kg of RAC for 14, 28, or 42 d. Expression (m ...