Jump to Main Content
- Halvorson, Gary A.
- Rangelands 2016 v.38 no.1 pp. 14-15
- 1994 Institutions; American Indians; collaborative management; grants; proposal writing; rangelands; research support; students; university programs
- ... Tribal colleges provide educational opportunities to many Native American people, who otherwise would not be able to attend college. A strong collaboration with a tribal college takes into account the needs and input of the Native Community and does so in a culture-centered way. Discussions with a collaborating tribal college should begin early in the grant writing process. Tribal colleges can mak ...
- Halvorson, Gary A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Rangelands 2016 v.38 no.1 pp. 23-28
- Cynomys; aboveground biomass; climate; ecosystems; environmental factors; forage; grasses; grazing; herbivores; landscapes; livestock; rangelands; rodents; soil; species diversity; vegetation; wildlife; wildlife management; Great Plains region; South Dakota
- ... The perception of prairie dogs among Native Americans living on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation is mixed. Some Native Americans focus on the loss of forage productivity, whereas others are interested in the cultural and ecological aspects of prairie dogs. The use of ecological sites may provide a mechanism for developing a management framework that would consider both livestock and prairie dog ...