Jump to Main Content
- Han, Sheng-Yi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2019 v.68 pp. 23-29
- Orthohepevirus A; public health; humans; open reading frames; genome; hosts; genotype; genetic variation; pathogens; swine
- ... Hepatitis E virus (HEV) is an important pathogen causing public health burden. Swine has been recognized as a main reservoir. Interestingly, genotype 1 HEV only infects human; whereas genotype 3 and 4 are zoonotic. However, there is a lack of in-depth understanding in respect to the transmission from swine to human. Codon usage patterns generally participate in viral survival and fitness towards i ...
- Han, Sheng-yi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2018 v.65 pp. 257-264
- Brucella melitensis; amino acids; brucellosis; codons; hosts; mutation; nucleotides; pathogens; proteins; zoonoses; China
- ... Brucella melitensis is the causative pathogen of the zoonotic disease brucellosis in China. This work focused on analyses of genetic features represented by nucleotide, synonymous codon and amino acid usages at gene levels of B. melitensis strain QY1 isolated from China. Although nucleotide usage biases at different codon positions all work on synonymous codon usage bias, nucleotide usage biases a ...