Jump to Main Content
- Han, Zhen-Lian, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.247 pp. 1064-1070
- anaerobic conditions; arginine; biodegradation; biotransformation; ecosystems; eutrophication; human health; lakes; microbial communities; microcystin-LR; sediments
- ... Microcystin (MC) elimination is a global challenge that is necessary for the health of humans and ecosystems. Biodegradation of MC, one of the most environmental-friendly methods, had previously been focused on the aerobic condition. In this study, two enrichment cultures from Taihu sediments possessed high capacity for MC-leucine arginine (MC-LR) anaerobic biodegradation. Meanwhile, it was firstl ...
- Han, Zhen-Lian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.199 pp. 138-146
- adsorption; amino acids; bensulfuron; biodegradation; biotransformation; hazard characterization; hydrolysis; methane; methanogens; moieties; paddy soils; proteins
- ... Bensulfuron methyl (BSM), one of the most widely used herbicides in paddy soils, is frequently detected in natural and artificial aquatic systems. However, BSM transformation under methanogenic conditions has not been given sufficient attention. In this study, BSM elimination and transformation by anaerobic enrichment cultures were investigated. The results showed that BSM can be mineralized to me ...