Jump to Main Content
- Hang, Yingting, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2019 v.579 pp. 210-218
- adhesion; aqueous solutions; asymmetric membranes; biobutanol; biomass; butanol; fermentation; pervaporation; polydimethylsiloxane; porosity; temperature; viscosity
- ... Bio-butanol is an important aspect for development of renewable energy. Currently, it remains challenging for developing highly permeable and selective composite membranes to efficiently recover butanol produced in biomass fermentation process. In this work, we fabricated polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) into thin and defect-free composite membranes by using porous PVDF as the substrate. The formation ...
- Hang, Yingting, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2015 v.494 pp. 205-215
- adhesion; asymmetric membranes; butanol; ceramics; critical load; nanomaterials; polydimethylsiloxane; strength (mechanics)
- ... The mechanical strength and interfacial behavior have been of great significance for composite membranes. In this work, an in-situ nano-indentation/scratch technique was employed to probe mechanical properties and interfacial adhesion of ceramic-supported polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) composite membranes. The nanostructures of active, transition and support layers were systematically correlated with ...