Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: hardy?
- Hardt, Philip D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Obesity 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 190-195
- Firmicutes; body mass index; feces; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolism; obesity; propionic acid; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; short chain fatty acids; volunteers
- ... Obesity has recently been linked to the composition of human microbiota and the production of short chain fatty acids (SCFAs). However, these findings rely on experimental studies carried out using rather small and defined groups of volunteers or model animals. Our aim was to evaluate differences within the human intestinal microbiota and fecal SCFA concentration of lean and obese subjects. A tota ...
- Hardt, Philip D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Diabetes care 2005 v.28 no.2 pp. 360-365
- cardiovascular diseases; free fatty acids; glucose; glucose tolerance; hyperinsulinemia; ingestion; insulin; insulin resistance; insulin secretion; intravenous injection; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; oral administration; patients; risk factors
- ... OBJECTIVE:--Elevated plasma nonesterified fatty acid (NEFA) concentrations cause peripheral and hepatic insulin resistance and may play an important role in regulating glucose-induced insulin secretion. The aim of our study was to investigate the influence of physiologically elevated NEFA levels on glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in order to find evidence that NEFAs are a potential factor pre ...