Jump to Main Content
- Haringa, Cees, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochemical engineering journal 2018 v.140 pp. 57-71
- fermentation; fermenters; fluid mechanics; guidelines
- ... Euler–Lagrange computational fluid dynamics simulations offer great potential for the integration of transport dynamics and metabolic dynamics in fermentation systems. Since the seminal work of Lapin et al. [1,2], progress has been made, mainly in the analysis of CFD data and translation to laboratory setup designs. Different large-scale processes require different analysis methods; in this paper ...
- Haringa, Cees, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical engineering journal 2016 v.114 pp. 209-217
- Carthamus tinctorius; bioreactors; capacitance; cell death; cell viability; electrodes; energy; hydrodynamics; kinetics; mortality; plant characteristics; quantitative analysis; shear stress
- ... The relationship between shear environment and physiological characteristics of plant cells is always a crucial and challenging aspect in the scale up of suspension cultivations. In this work, we propose a quantitative method for evaluating the lethal effects of hydrodynamic on Carthamus tinctorius L. cell with computational fluid dynamic (CFD) technology and online capacitance viable cell detecti ...