Jump to Main Content
- Harwood, H. James, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2008 v.46 no.7 pp. 2347-2356
- carbon; composite polymers; copper; free radicals; isotope labeling; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; polymerization; polystyrenes; stable isotopes; styrene; triethylamine
- ... Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) analysis of the ¹³C-labeled chain ends of polystyrene, polyMMA, and styrene-MMA copolymers prepared by polymerizations initiated using ¹³C-labeled-phenacyl radicals were investigated. The phenacyl radicals were generated by anaerobic oxidation of acetophenone-methyl-¹³C using a Cu(II) octanoate-pyridine complex in the presence of triethylamine and triphenylphosphin ...
- Harwood, H. James, et al. Show all 30 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2009 v.106 no.6 pp. 1737-1742
- G-protein coupled receptors; Haemophilus influenzae; active sites; antibiotics; bacteria; biosynthesis; biotin; drug resistance; fastidious bacteria; fatty acids; genes; humans; mechanism of action; pathogens; pharmacology; protein kinases; screening
- ... As the need for novel antibiotic classes to combat bacterial drug resistance increases, the paucity of leads resulting from target-based antibacterial screening of pharmaceutical compound libraries is of major concern. One explanation for this lack of success is that antibacterial screening efforts have not leveraged the eukaryotic bias resulting from more extensive chemistry efforts targeting euk ...
- PubMed Central: